KTM sports bikes have captured the imagination of many youths due to their style and look. These bikes offer high-performance and mileage at an affordable price. Recently, KTM launched its new Duke 125 bike in India – KTM Duke 125.
KTM offers three different bike categories — adventure motorcycles, full faired sports bikes, and naked street-fighter bikes. Naked street-fighter bikes include all KTM Duke series, such as 125, 200, 250, 390, and 790. Full faired bikes have the KTM RC series. Lastly, the adventure series is new in India.
You can get the KTM bike ranging between 125cc to 790cc displacement options. KTM has gradually made a name in the Indian market. The first model of the KTM in the Indian market is KTM Duke 200. There are several reasons why Indian youths are loving KTM bikes.
KTM Duke 125, has been launched in the Indian market and is an upgrade to its older version. It is available at Rs. 1,42,000 (ex-showroom price). If you desire to have a larger fuel tank, sportier look, and high suspension, then this is the bike for you. Earlier, Duke 200 was an entry-level bike for Indians. Now, a newly launched Duke 125 has taken an entry-level position. This new bike is designed to emulate the look and features of the Duke 200.
Salient features of KTM Duke 125
- Duke 125 has a sportier body look similar to Duke 200.
- The new model, Duke 125, has different seats than Duke 200. These seats bring the effect of revised ergonomics.
- The capacity of the fuel tank in Duke 125 is gigantic than its older version. Duke 200 had a 2.5 litres fuel tank capacity, whereas Duke 125 has a 13.5 litres capacity.
- It has a digital instrument console consisting of several indicators, such as a side-stand warning light, real-time fuel efficiency, gear position indicator, average fuel efficiency, clock, distance-to-empty gauge, and service indicator. There is a shift indicator at the center.
- Additionally, Duke 125 also includes single-channel ABS, turn indicators, an LED taillight, and a USD fork.
- The newly launched 2021 Duke 125 in India has an underbelly exhaust.
2021 Duke 125 Bike’s engine
The new KTM model, Duke 125, has the same BS6 engine as that of the Duke 200 model. It has a liquid-cooled BS-compliant engine with a 124.7cc single cylinder. There are four valves per cylinder. This engine generates a power of 14.5 PS at 9,250 rotations per minute (rpm) and a torque of 12 Nm at 800 rotations per minute. The motor of the Duke 125 is coupled with a 6-speed gearbox.
Check: KTM Bikes Price List
Suspension and brakes of Duke 125
The Duke 125 model’s suspension is more updated than its predecessor. The suspension internals have a triple rate spring at the front and a double rate spring at the rear. This new model has a trellis frame. The trellis frame is suspended on an upside-down mono-shock and fork. Wheels are 17 inches long, and the front tyre size is 110/70 and the rear tyre size 150/60.
Duke 125’s brake set-up consists of front and rear discs. The front disc is 300 mm, which is tightly connected with a calliper mounted radially, and the rear disc is 230 mm. This new model has extra weight than its older version. Duke 200 was 141.4 kg, whereas Duke 125 is 159 kg.
The Duke 125 naked street-fighter bike has a single-channel ABS, digital speedometer, odometer, tachometer, and a trip meter, with a fuel gauge. It is available only in one colour, Orange. It offers a mileage of 38 kilometres per litre. Duke 125’s length is 1993 mm, width is 789 mm, height is 1083 mm, ground clearance is 155 mm, seat height is 818 mm, and wheelbase is 1366 mm.
The new KTM model, 2021 Duke 125, is an upgraded and improved version than its predecessor, Duke 200. However, the bodywork and some other features are similar to the Duke 200 model.