Error 1304 is a Windows error message that no longer solely influences QuickBooks however can additionally show up in a quantity of exclusive Windows applications. QuickBooks error 1304 no longer solely pops up whilst putting in the Desktop app it can even hit the utility at some point of the replace process. The error shows an error message “Error writing to file [THBImg45.dll]. Verify that you have got the right of entry to that directory.” you can be aware of a one of a kind file title in the error if the error is prompted by means of some different file.
Error 1304 in QuickBooks often takes place due to the fact of the problems with the setup CD that incorporates the QuickBooks setup file, different motives that may motivate QuickBooks writing to file error 1304 are referred to in detail.
How to Fix QB Error 1304?
QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software program that is mainly designed for small and medium-sized agencies to get rid of the more efforts of managing debts and finances. You can deploy QuickBooks on Windows and Mac working structures if suited assets are available. In case if the running machine aspects are broken or there is any trouble with the assets QuickBooks set up may also come upon errors. One such error that we are going to talk about in this article is QuickBooks error 1304. The error seems whilst putting in QuickBooks Desktop on Windows computer systems the usage of a CD. For particular troubleshooting instructions, comply with the whole article.
Read More-QuickBooks Payroll Support
What Causes QuickBooks Error 1304?
QB installer is unable to examine the set up documents from the CD that you are the usage of for the installation.
The QuickBooks set up disk is damaged.
- List of different error code that may appear:-
- QuickBooks Error Code C=9
- QB Error Code C=21
- QuickBooks Error Code C=342
- Error Code C=343
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1304
Step 1: Install QuickBooks from your computer’s neighborhood storage
- Put the CD inside the CD ROM of your computer.
- Hit Quit if the set up is routinely started.
- Right-click somewhere on your laptop in the clean space, hover your mouse cursor at New section, and pick out Folder.
- Enter QuickBooks as the title of the folder.
- Now open Windows File Explorer and double-click the CD drive.
- Press Ctrl + A to pick all the documents and then press Ctrl + C to copy.
- Navigate back to the QuickBooks folder that you have created on the computing device and press Ctrl + V to paste the copied files.
- After all the documents are copied to the new folder, double click on the setup.
- If you are nonetheless getting QuickBooks error 1304, then observe the subsequent troubleshooting step for resolution.
Step 2: Share CD-ROM from a special laptop in the network
- Insert the QuickBooks set up CD into a unique laptop in the network.
- If set up starts off evolved automatically, click on Quit on the set up window.
- Open Windows File Manager, proper click on the CD-ROM and choose Sharing and Security.
- Right click on the My Computer icon, pick out Computer Name and hit Full Computer Name.
- Press the Windows + R key on the laptop the place you choose to deploy QuickBooks.
- Type \\(name of the pc having the QuickBooks CD).
- Hit Enter and double click on the letter of the force that has the CD.
Step 3: Repair/Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Follow troubleshooting step three Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows from our article on QuickBooks Error sixty one for whole directions on repairing .NET Framework.
- Troubleshooting QuickBooks error 1304 requires giant expertise of Windows and its components, in case if you are now not plenty acquainted with Windows running system